Tom H’s Film Reviews
867 Films have been rated or reviewed by Tom H.
- Devil and Daniel Johnston, The (2005)
- Fascinating journey through the rise and fall (and rise?) of one of the most intriguing and original music (and visual) artists since Bob Dylan. A must see for those who enjoy the likes of Searching for Sugarman.
$20 $10, $20 $15, $30 $22.50
- Movie 43 (2013)
- Despite a few very cheap laughs, a terrible, terrible film. Do believe the critics when they say that this is the most purile film of the decade.
$39.95 $14.95 | Blu-Ray $39.95 $14.95
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- The third and least enjoyable of the Iron Man reboot – especially disappointing given Shane Black and Robert Downey\'s track record together.
- DVD $19.95 | Blu-Ray $24.95, $24.95
- Conjuring, The (2013)
- Incredibly unnerving, if a little too generic at times. Plenty of psychologically creepy moments, as well as intense jump–scares.
- DVD $15, $39.95 | Blu-Ray $49.95
- Woman in Black, The (2012)
- Interesting premise but soon delves into the run of the mill ghost horror plot.
$34.95 $19.95 | Blu-Ray $39.95 $24.95
- This is the End (2013)
- Ridiculously crass, but also somewhat self–aware, This is the End had me in stitches at times, and wondering what they were actually looking to achieve at others.
- Man of Steel (2013)
- Disappointing actioner with ridiculous amounts of destruction that ends up feeling more boring than exciting. So much missed potential for a good \'origins\' tale, wasted.
$15 $11.25, $14.95
- World War Z (2013)
- Decent zombie/apocalypse film that will keep you engaged for the entire ride. Don\'t go in Max Brooks though – this is only loosely based on the book.
- DVD $15, $34.95 | Blu-Ray $39.95, $44.95
- Place Beyond the Pines, The (2012)
- One of my favourite films of 2012, The Place Beyond the Pines is brutally gripping and emotional, with one of the best opening sequences in memory, outstanding performances, and a memorable story.
- Miami Vice (TV Series) (1984)
- A classic 1980s series, but one that has ages more quickly than I\'d expected it to. One for the notalgics.
$30 $22.50, $30 $22.50