Birdwing’s Film Reviews
15 Films have been rated or reviewed by Birdwing.
- Belle and Sebastian (Belle et Sebastien) (2013)
- Fabulous scenery – lovable characters (boy and dog) – genuine raw French remote village. Watch the woodsman bring home his logs – cutting edge DIY!
- Two is a Family (Demain tout commence) (2016)
- French but not à la française – likeable characters but hyper American style action, and set for the most part in London.
- DVD $29.95
- On My Way (2013)
- Un film délicieux! Life goes on!
- Rosalie Blum (2016)
- Delightful movie – the characters, the setting, all perfect! don't miss this one!
- Le Havre (2011)
- A perfect depiction of the human heart found in unexpected people and places. To use a cliché, a gem of a movie.
- Valet, The (La Doublure) (2006)
- Delightful French farce – a perfect pick–me–up
- DVD $19.95
- Umrika (2015)
- Nothing sentimental about this movie and, despite misgivings, brash America does not intrude in a 3D reality. Satisfying.
- La La Land (2016)
- The most disappointing, gormless movie I've seen for a long time. I kept expecting the vivid primary colours and fake scenery to suddenly evolve into reality and soul–satisfying greatness, but it just didn't happen.
- DVD $39.95 | Blu-Ray $44.95
- Man and a Woman, A (1966)
- I can't understand the attraction of this movie – I found the story–line weak and predictable, the lead actress wooden. Have I missed something??
- Bag of Rice (1996)
- I loved this movie – human kindness is alive and well in Iran!rnWish I could buy it to share around!