Barry B’s Film Reviews
About me: NZ Film fan - will not stop until the collection is complete (which of course will be never hahaha)
19 Films have been rated or reviewed by Barry B.
- Strength of Water, The (2009)
- I enjoyed this more than most of the reviews of it I read suggest I would. It\'s a little special.
- Hopes and Dreams of Gazza Snell, The (2010)
- I had high expectations of this movie, but was slightly disappointed that it didn\'t really go where I thought it may have.
- Apron Strings (2008)
- Unlike many NZ films, I\'ve certainly watched this one more than once.
- After the Waterfall (2010)
- I expected more but I\'ve definitey watched worse Kiwi film making. Will certainly watch it again.
- Insatiable Moon, The (2010)
- Of this NZ offering I had very little expectation, but was pleasantly surprised. Thorougly recommended.
- Predicament (2010)
- Glad the fourth and final film from the collection has been made, and true to the other Morrieson\'s as well. Taranaki hasn\'t change that much since the film was set either haha.
- Matariki (2010)
- I really enjoyed this film, helped possibly by locations I\'m very familar with, but definitely a good – if slightly complex – watch.
- Heavenly Creatures (1994)
- I enjoyed this less than most it seems, but it\'s certainly an above average venture.
- Memory and Desire (1998)
- I\'ve watched this more than once, and with the amount of NZ films I\'ve collected that\'s saying something. Doesn\'t hold one\'s interest 100% of the time, but pretty close.
- DVD $25
- Waimate Conspiracy, The (2006)
- Is an enjoyable watch. If the plan was to entertain, Harris succeeded.
- DVD $34.95
- Quiet Night In (2005)
- I liked the story line, but the final product wasn\'t a happening thing.
- Rain (2001)
- Pretty much as good as Kiwi cinema gets.
- DVD $39.95
- Fracture (2004)
- Ranks right up with generally recognized Kiwi gems, \"In My Father\'s Den\" and \"Rain\".
- In My Father's Den (2004)
- One of the best NZ movies of all time.
- Broken English (1996)
- Broken English and Savage Honeymoon make me very glad I was born into a \"normal\"family haha. Both great NZ movies...
- Savage Honeymoon (2000)
- Loved it. A little like Outrageous Fortune on steroids, but remember this mob were on screen first.
- Stickmen (2000)
- Great movie – have watched it many many times on DVD.
- Waiting Place, The (2000)
- I bought it and watched it – but never will again!!
- When Love Comes (1999)
- It should work; an interesting plot and some worthy talent – but it just doesn\'t....