- Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977)
- Dir. Richard Brooks
Feat. Diane Keaton, Richard Gere, Tuesday Weld…
- Repressed schoolteacher Diane Keaton cruises the singles bars of New York for action, and has mixed results in a series of dispiriting encounters. An…
- Days of Heaven (1979)
- Dir. Terrence Malick
Feat. Sam Shepard, Richard Gere, Brooke Adams…
- The mid–western wheat–fields provide a magnificent backdrop for this poignant tale of two disparate bachelors who vie for the same woman.…
- American Gigolo (1980)
- Dir. Paul Schrader
Feat. Richard Gere
- Low–key but effective thriller. Richard Gere is suspected in a Hollywood murder.
- An Officer and a Gentleman (1982)
- Dir. Taylor Hackford
Feat. Richard Gere, Debra Winger
- Irresistable formula romance between prospective army officer Richard Gere and Debra Winger.
- Breathless (1983)
- Feat. Richard Gere, Art Metrano
- Jazzed–up remake of Godard's UN BOUT DE SOUFFLE with a hyperactive Gere on the lam, with his half–hearted girlfriend in tow. Now an…
- Cotton Club, The (1984)
- Dir. Francis Ford Coppola
Feat. Richard Gere
- Richard Gere heads the ensemble for Coppola's glossy musical melodrama set in the thick of New York's glitzy gangster culture of the 1930s.
- Pretty Woman (1990)
- Dir. Garry Marshall
Feat. Julia Roberts, Richard Gere
- Julia Roberts was catapulted to stardom in this fairy–tale romance about a call–girl who is swept up by Richard Gere, a millionaire…
- Internal Affairs (1990)
- Dir. Mike Figgis
Feat. Richard Gere, Andy Garcia, Nancy Travis…
- Richard Gere plays a repugnant cop that will do just about anything for a buck, or a kick. Andy Garcia is the investigator who adopts a personal…
- Final Analysis (1991)
- Dir. Phil Joanou
Feat. Richard Gere, Kim Basinger, Uma Thurman
- Modern attempt at an old–fashioned mystery is more ambitious than it is convincing. Fans of Richard Gere and Kim Basinger may think otherwise.
- Rhapsody in August (1991)
- Dir. Akira Kurosawa
Feat. Sachiko Murase, Richard Gere
- A Japanese grandmother shares painful memories of Nagasaki with her four grandchildren who travel to meet extended kin–folk in Hawaii.