- Evil Dead 2 (1987)
- Dir. Sam Raimi
Feat. Bruce Campbell
- Not so much a sequel as a big–budget remake, it's a tour–de–force of slapstick horror with camera theatrics that confirm a major…
- Stepfather, The (1987)
- Dir. Joseph Ruben
Feat. Terry O'Quinn, Shelley Hack
- This psycho doesn't waste time with marriage guidance when a few waves of a machete is the quick and easy solution! Superior…
- House (1986)
- Dir. Steve Miner
Feat. William Katt
- Expedient, tongue–in–cheek frightfest about a horror novelist who inherits a haunted mansion.
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, The (1986)
- Dir. Tobe Hooper
Feat. Dennis Hopper
- A belated, somewhat desperate, return to TCM county by the director of the original, who 'cannibalizes' his authentic horror classic with some…
- Fright Night (1985)
- Dir. Tom Holland
Feat. William Ragsdale, Chris Sarandon, Roddy McDowall…
- Terrific vampire satire in which a boy becomes highly suspicious of his new neighbours, led by a suave Chris Sarandon.
The superb make–up…
- Re-Animator (1985)
- Dir. Stuart Gordon
Feat. Jeffrey Combs, Bruce Abbott
- Essential splatter comedy takes gore levels to a (then) new extreme. Rebel science student Herbert West invents a serum that brings the dead back to…
- Return of the Living Dead, The (1985)
- Dir. Dan O'Bannon
Feat. Clu Gulager, James Karen, Don Calfa
- Pretty–good parody of Romero's Living Dead films, though not quite the same as the real thing. Great thrash–metal soundtrack, though.
- Toxic Avenger, The (1985)
- Dir. Michael Herz, Sam Weil
Feat. Andree Maranda, Mitch Cohen, Jennifer Prichard
- A nerd becomes super–powered after falling into a vat of radioactive waste, and proceeds to clean up crime in one of the most notorious yet…
- Creepshow (1982)
- Dir. George Romero
Feat. Hal Holbrook, Adrienne Barbeam, Fritz Weaver
- Well–spun compendium of five tales captures the intended spirit and ghoulishness of 1950s EC horror comics in an affectionate homage.
- Fade to Black (1980)
- Dir. Vernon Zimmerman
Feat. Dennis Christopher, Tim Thomerson, Gwynne Gilford
- Film buffs should appreciate this inventive black–comedy about a weirdo movie addict who kills people in the style of his various film heroes.